April Wrap Up
ENDGAME HAPPENED. AND I AM STILL NOT OKAY.
This is what Post Endgame life is like…and I am not sure how I feel about it. April was a crazy month for me, both Blog wise and personally. In the month of April, my partner in crime and I kicked off our first event of the year for Bookend Events (Bookending Spring) which I am still waddling through all your terrific posts and hosts prompts! The event was amazing and even though we had a few hiccups and bumps along the way, I like to think it was a major success! Thank you to all who participated in this whether as a host or as a general participant– YOU guys made it to be this amazing experience and I am eternally thankful! If you didn’t get a chance to participate this time around, DON’T WORRY! We have our next event in the works with more details to come! Keep an eye out over on Clo’s blog (Book Dragons) and the events Twitter page (@bookend_events) for all the details!
April not only brought on a great event and back to back releases of my favorite things (Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, Game of Thrones, Avengers), but it was also the peak of my reading slump (which you will notice in a bit), I literally didn’t read but instead binged Marvel, and watched TV (which you will also see in a bit). Some days I feel super irritated that I am in a slump because wow the ARC TBR is huge! But I am learning that slumps aren’t always a bad thing. What this slump has taught me is that I needed it–I needed this time to not read and just, chill, because my reading has become more reading due to obligation than reading for enjoyment. So to rectify this, I have begun to create boundaries for myself personally in the ARC/review request division that I think will help me start reading for enjoyment/pleasure again.
Apart from the reading slump, April was challenging on another level for me personally. The tail end of April is usually the hardest for my family as it marks the anniversary of my father’s passing back in 2015. This year, however, it was harder than the others as it felt like more and more things were happening that my Dad would have loved to have seen or done. April was also challenging because I also got sick for the first half of the month and literally have not had a chance to simply sit and breathe at any point this month.
Fingers crossed that May gives way to some breathing room and a tamer weekend schedule where I can really kick this slump in the arse and be done with it 😂. With that said though, My April was a twist of ups and downs; straight lines and curves. Though I am thankful that it happened, I am even more thankful that its over.
Now, please have a look at all I didn’t read this month, and all I watched instead 😂.
† denotes an ARC received in exchange for my honest review.
- †Getting Hot With The Scot by Melanie Johnson – REVIEW – ⭐
- †Smitten By The Brit by Melanie Johnson – DNF REVIEW
In April we were blessed by the greats–the Queens, the Kings, and the nobility, all released new music this month and honestly I am HERE for it! Needless to say I have been in hog heaven music wise this month. As usual, here is a glimpse of some songs that I had on repeat this month!
- Cool – Jonas Brothers
- Old Town Road (Remix) – Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus
- Undrunk – FLETCHER
- Bad Guy – Billie Eilish
- Who am I kidding her whole album.
- Me! – Taylor Swift, Brendon Urie
- Forward – Beyonce, James Blake
- Baila, Baila, Baila – Ozuna
- Truth Hurts – Lizzo
- Walk Me Home – P!nk
- Chlorine – Twenty One Pilots
- Captain America: The First Avenger – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Iron Man – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Iron Man 2 – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿
- Thor – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿.5
- Marvel’s Avengers – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Iron Man 3 – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿
- The Upside – RTC – 🍿🍿🍿
- Aquaman – REWATCH -🍿🍿
- Dr. Strange – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Thor 2 – REWATCH – 🍿🍿
- Thor: Ragnarok – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – 🍿🍿🍿🍿.5
- Avengers: The Infinity War – 🍿🍿🍿🍿.5
- Mary Poppins Returns – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Crazy Rich Asians – REWATCH – 🍿🍿🍿
- Avengers: Endgame – REVIEW – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Chicago: Fire (NBC) – Season 7: Ep. 18-19
- New Amsterdam (NBC) – Season 1: Ep. 17-20
- The Voice (NBC)
- World of Dance (NBC)
- Chicago: Med (NBC) – Season 4: Ep. 18-19
- Our Planet (Netflix) – Season 1 – RTC – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Expedition Unknown (Discovery Channel) – Season 4 – 5 – 🍿🍿🍿
- Love, Death, and Robots (Netflix) – Season 1: Ep. 4-18 – RTC – 🍿🍿🍿🍿.5
- The Order (Netflix) – Season 1: Ep. 1-4
- Game of Thrones (HBO) – Seasons 1-7, 8: Ep. 1-3
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (Hulu) – Season 1: Ep. 7-12 – RTC – 🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Living Single (Hulu) – Season 1, Seasons 2: Ep. 1-8
How was your April? Let me know!