Katee Roberts owned my life in July. Literally could not get enough of her this month! I was neck deep in Disney villains finding love in all the right (or wrong) places and everything else I could get my grubby little hands on. It wasn’t until someone pointed out that I was reading a lot of KR at once did I then decide to spread the love and let some other books have a chance at my new bout of reading energy. Up until mid-July I genuinely thought that this wrap up was going to be a ode to Katee Robert and her magnificent mind.
Because the universe gave my reading mood some Redbull, I didn’t watch as much TV/Film as I usually do/attempt to do; which was somewhat a bummer because there were a lot of amazing shows I’ve been wanting to dive into–but just like with reading, ya girl is a mood watcher too. And just like with my watching, my music taste also differed drastically this past month too (which I am high key shocked about–which you will find out why later down in the post!).
In terms of my personal life, I think July was pretty zen for me. I carved out self care time this month and made is a much needed priority and mostly hung out with family when I could. I unfortunately didn’t blog much (if at all really) as I wanted to in July, but I’m hoping to jump back into things and blog hopping this month instead since I have been able to reset and all last month! So if you have some favorite blogs you want me to check out (even if its yours!) drop them in the comments!
All in all, I think this month was a solid accomplishment with 18 books read! I think I might set a personal goal of trying to read 20 books in the month of August to see if I can beat my new personal best. Now, lets grab some of your favorite popcorn, a popsicle to beat the summer heat, and lets check out the stories I consumed in the last 31 days!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
🎧 denotes Audiobook.
- 🎧Without End by Jenna Hartley – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Forbidden Fruit by Katee Robert – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Desperate Measures by Katee Robert – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧My Dad’s Best Friends by Katee Robert – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Deep Blue by Adriana Anders – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Unchartered by Adriana Anders – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Buddy Read w/ Ruby + Haley)
- 🎧Shielding Lilly by Alexa Riley – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Grading Curves by Naima Simone – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Learn My Lesson by Katee Robert – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧A Worthy Opponent by Katee Robert – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Seducing My Guardian by Katee Robert – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Son of A Beach by Mia Sosa – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Tempt Thy Neighbor by Teagan Hunter – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Wait For It by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hands Down by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- I Give You My Body by Diana Gabaldon – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- She’s With Me by S. Rena & B.L. Mute – ⭐⭐.5
- 🎧Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley – ⭐⭐.5
The month of July was mostly me trying to strengthen my Turkish comprehension and listening skills so I basked in the Pop/Trap/Folk tunes of Turkey (which are high key fire tracks that ya’ll should total take a gander too). I am shocked to see some of my staple artists drop in my top 5 category this month as I thought I listened to them the most this month; but I guess Turkey dominated in the area. As per usual though– here is a snap shot of my stats for July:
🟡 = New to List , 🟢 = Risen in the Ranks, 🔴 = Dropped in the Ranks
- 🟢Kris Bowers
- 🟡The Teskey Brothers
- 🔴Taylor Swift
- 🔴Ed Sheeran
- 🟡Hay Hay by Hadise
- 🔴Ain’t Shit by Doja Cat
- 🟡Bence de Zor by Oğuzhan Koç
- 🟡Dua by Güneş, UZI
- 🟢Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran
- Wicked (PassionFlix) – 🍿🍿🍿
- Shrek 2
- Black Widow
- MasterChef (FOX)
- Crime Scene Kitchen (FOX)
- Lego Masters (FOX)
- The Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition (Hulu)
- Ada Masali (Star TV) ep. 1-2
- Marasli (ATV) ep. 8
- Celebrity Best Home Cooks (Hulu)
- Dr. Pimple Popper (TLC)
- Sexy Beasts (Netflix) ep. 1-4
- Married at First Sight (Lifetime)
How was your July? Let me know!