Where Have I Been? (Back From The Hermit Hole!)
Hello there storytellers! It’s been a very hot minute since I last popped into the blogging world and swooned with you all; and even longer since I made a non-scheduled post. It’s weird and almost foreign-like coming back to this little corner of the world after so long. But I have missed you guys and this community so much that I’ve decided to take a swing at the good old grind again!
After much debate and back and forth with myself and my friends, I thought it would be good as any to break my hiatus with a “what on earth have you been doing?” kind of post. To which I would answer:
Everything and nothing at all.
Due to Covid-19 and the crazy current events, I lost my job back in mid-April and have since been working that unemployed life at home. Because of this I have decided my new career for the time being is binging Turkish diziler (series) and seeing how many hours I can stay awake before completely becoming a zombie (72 hours).
I have also taken up learning a new language (Turkish) to pass my time and keep my brain active (in all truth, I am determined to learn Turkish because I’m tired of waiting for English subs to be uploaded on the shows I love), which I am kind of loving? It’s been a learning curve because the grammar is completely different to English, but I have been really digging the challenge and forcing myself to really embrace starting something new and keeping it up.
WHAT I’VE READ:
This is the debbie downer of the post, but I’ve barely read anything since covid happened. My routine got thrown for a loop and I guess so did my reading habits because I hit a MAJOR slump…maybe we wont call it a slump, cause it is more like an abyss.
But in the abyss there were a few little landing pads that I slammed into that allowed me to read a few books before jumping right back into the free fall of the bookless void.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (Buddy Read w/ Jeimy)
- Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey
- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (Buddy Read w/ Jeimy)
- Hands Down by Mariana Zapata
Now we get into the meaty content of what I’ve been up too! Brace yourself for an incoming of Turkish delights because it’s literally all I’ve been doing since Middle March when my life was blessed with the dizi, Erkenci Kus.
Shows / Diziler:
- Erkenci Kus (I’ve rewatched this 51 episode dizi multiple times)
- Kiralik Ask (completed dizi, ep. 1-69, rewatched multiple times–currently on another rewatch)
- Kuzgun (completed dizi, ep. 1-21)
- Her Yerde Sen (Completed dizi, ep. 1-23)
- Dogdugun Ev Karindir (on-going dizi, ep. 1-12, rewatched multiple times and waiting for the second season!)
- Sevdam Alabora (Completed/cancelled dizi, ep. 1-4)
- Intersection / Kordugum (completed Dizi, ep. 1-31)
- Gonul (completed Dizi, ep. 1-16)
- Black Heart (completed dizi, ep. 1-6, still working my way through this one!)
- Gumus (completed dizi, ep. 1-89)
- Siyah Beyaz Ask (completed dizi, ep. 1-4, low key have given up on this one)
- Bay Yanlis (on-going dizi)
- Sen Cal Kapimi (on-going dizi)
- Cati Kati Ask (on-going dizi)
- Elimi Birakma (completed dizi, unsure of what episodes I’ve watched as I’m watching on youtube and they break down the episodes into chunks…)
- The Big Flower Fight (Netflix)
- Making The Cut (Amazon)
- Queer Eye (season 5)
- Mutluluk Zamani
- Small Island (National Theatre at Home)
Currently I am still deep in my Turkish hole, but I am getting out more and carving out more reading time in between looking for a new job and binging Sen Cal Kapimi fragmanlar/trailers like they were the ticket to immortality.
I just finished my second read of Mariana Zapata’s newest release, Hands Down (if you haven’t read this yet, please do yourself a favor and go read! It’s on Kindle Unlimited too if you have it!), and now I am tackling my overflowing ARC pile and TBR and reading Secrets of the World’s Worst Matchmaker by Piper Rayne; I’ve boasted a bunch about this series and I’m stoked to finally get into Juno and Colton’s story before Kingston’s story drops later this month!
Secret #1 – Smile when he tells you the happy news, even if your heart cracks in half.
Secret #2 – Don’t compare yourself to his beautiful French fiancée. You’re just as beautiful.
Secret #3 – Don’t tag along to the tux fitting with him alone. Just no.
Secret #4 – Don’t help him learn to dance to his wedding song.
Secret #5 – Erase all memories of the two of you through the years when lines blurred for even the briefest of moments.
And the one you never saw coming…
Secret #6 – Definitely, don’t stand and object—someone else might just do it for you.
What has everyone been up to lately?
Love my content?
You can get EVEN MORE content + support my blog by joining my Patreon! If you want to take the magic of storytelling to the next level and connect with me personally, come see what I’ve created for you on Patreon.