Out of My Comfort Zone Tag
Hey Storytellers! Today we are gonna waddle out of our comfort zone for another tag! Big thank you to Jamsu for tagging me in this one! One of the stipulations for this tag is that I have to pick ONE genre that I read often and then not use it at all…a time.
So, If I’m really going to get out of my comfort zone for this one, I guess I will be getting rid of the romance genre. The struggle bus has departed…
The only rule is: You have to pick ONE GENRE that you frequently read about… and then, you can’t use ANY books from that genre while answering the questions!
1. A Book That Is An Exception When It Comes To Genres Or Elements You Don’t Typically Like
Historical Fiction is the bane of my existence, but I loved the Elsie Dinsmore series.
2. A Book You Enjoyed From A Genre You Previously Held Some Stigma Against
I was never a big fan of non-fiction, I always thought they were boring, etc. But I audiobooked Lauren Graham’s Talking As Fast As I Can which I absolutely loved. I feel like that book was a game changer in my reading journey because now I don’t mind audio-ing a non-fiction or two.
3. A Book You Didn’t Know Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone Until You Started Reading It
I’m gonna go with the same answer as Jamsu: The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw. I was expecting a bop fantasy with some hardcore witchery, but instead ya girl is given some shady Nancy Drew type mystery. A time indeed.
4. Pick A Friend Who Motivates You To Pick Up Books You Might Not Normally Be Interested In – Is There A Book They Convinced You To Give A Try?
I don’t have anything for this because most of my friends read the same things I am interested in, and the others that don’t–well don’t recommend anything to me. Soooo YOLO.
5. A Book That Is Out of Your Comfort Zone, But You Would Like to Read
Sadie by Courtney Summers! I am not a huge fan of mysteries and don’t
ever really read this genre, but I have heard so many good things about this story–especially it’s audiobook, so I’m really interested in picking this up sometime of the year.
6. A Book/Genre So Outside Of Your Comfort Zone That You’ll Probably Never Give It A Chance
ANYTHING HISTORICAL FICTION. YA GIRL DOES NOT LIKE HISTORICAL FICTION.
And YOU! If you wanna waddle and do this tag, go forth and prosper! Consider yourself tagged by me!