The Versatile Blogger Award
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, congrats!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, list 7 things about yourself.
Big Shout out and Thanks to Izzy for the nomination! If you haven’t already waddled to her blog, please do yourself the favor and go be blessed by her content! She is a gem in a land of crop dust. I promise you wont regret it!
- I use to be a figure skater. I started figure skating from when I was 4 years old all the way up until I was 14 when I hurt my knee and we could no longer afford my lessons. I absolutely love the sport and regret not being able to have continued competing professionally. I am, however, hoping to get back into shape and start back up again (though I’m probably to out of it to go back into it professionally).
- I am smitten with research. I absolutely love researching things and pulling sources together! I use to work in the reference section of my University’s library when I was in undergrad and It was there that I caught the research bug– I would help grad students and professors with their research projects and I found myself getting giddy and learning new things. I feel like research is like a huge mystery/puzzle that I get to explore and solve (hence why I love doing my Genre In Depth series!). You can basically call me Sherlock Holmes.
- I am a Bi-racial baby. This is something I am probably most proud of in my life, because I get to represent so many wonderful cultures with my blood. My mother is Jamaican (immigrated to the States in the 80s) and my dad is German, Native American (born and raised in California).
- I write Poetry. This is something very few know about me, and if you do know this then I consider you family. Poetry has always played an integral part of my life and was my first taste of storytelling. Poetry gave me my voice during most of the dark times in my life and kept me sane and alive. I don’t share my poetry, but I’m hoping to get to a point where I would be willing to share it with those who would like to see it.
- I was born twice. Yes, you read that right. My mom had a voluntary c-section after she had my brother and so when they got me out, I didn’t really like the world and wanted a refund, so I wiggled out of the doctor’s grasp and dove right back into my mom and some how wiggled myself up to her sternum. According to my mom a shit ton of doctors came to see because that has never happened before. It took another twenty or so minutes for them to get me out again and the doctor had to climb on top of the operating table to get a hold of me cause I refused to come out. So the time on my birth certificate is an estimation of when I really came out and the second time around. You could say I was dramatic and introverted from birth.
- INFJ, Ravenclaw, Enneagram Type 5, and a moon child. Stole this from Izzy because I’m running out of things about me that are interesting. According to the Meyers Briggs test I took in College I am on the INFJ spectrum, and according to every single harry potter sorting quiz I am a full-blooded Ravenclaw through and through. With the Enneagram I am a Type 5 (5w4/6 if you take into account the wings) which is the investigator. I was born on June 22, so I am moon child (cancer, aka the crab) and I am very proud of my sign, thank you very much.
- I really hate taking notes while reading. I feel like it sucks me out of the world when I have to stop and write down my thoughts on a certain quote or portion. Then, when I finish writing the note down, I have to make the effort of getting back into the world–sometimes this is easy, but more often than not, it’s a struggle bus.
15 bloggers is a hell of a lot of people, so we are just gonna do how many I can get. YOLO.