I feel like everyone says this but where the hell did October go? I genuinely blinked and the month was gone and I’m facing down Thanksgiving and the New Year not far behind it. In this October wrap up, I feel like everything happened but yet in the same breath–nothing? happened this month. In the life department, my sister got super sick and we spent most of the month in and out of hospitals trying to figure out what was wrong and solutions (still a mystery, but I’m 95% sure she had a nasty infection since the antibiotics they gave her seemed to help!) to remedy it.
In the bookish department of my life, I told my social anxiety to go to hell and dove head first and joined an intense Immortals After Dark (IAD) read-a-long (created by Natalie @Kissandletmetellyou on Instagram) with a bunch of amazing women on Instagram in prep for the release of Munro by Kresley Cole early next year. I have never read this series before so I was excited to have an excuse (and also motivation, because ask anyone–I am super slow) to start it and some accountability to actually catch up and finish the series. We read one book a week, and it has been so much fun! I genuinely don’t know why I was procrastinating this series for so long because it has been a wild and entertaining ride! As of this week, we are on Rydstrom’s novel (Kiss of A Demon King) so there is still time to join us if you like!
Overall, I think this was a good month reading wise, I still haven’t bested myself with a 20 book read month. But I got pretty close with a total of 17 books read! I’m hoping to read the souls out of books this November, since I will finally have days off work due to the holidays where I can be a complete couch potato and read to my hearts content. So grab your popcorn, get your favorite fluffy thick blanket because holy cow is it cold outside now! And lets check out what all I consumed in the month of October!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
🎧 denotes Audiobook.
- 🎧Hands Down by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Sincerely, Dane – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧No Rest For The Wicked by Kresley Cole – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Manic Monday by Piper Rayne – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Clean Slate by Piper Rayne – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧The A-List by Evie Mitchell – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Wicked Deeds On A Dark Night – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Puck Shy by Teagan Hunter – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Skin by Aveda Vice – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Dark Needs At Nights Edge by Kresley Cole – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Julia’s Desire by Aila Glass – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Out of Sight by Giana Darling – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Into Elysium by A.M. Johnson – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole – ⭐⭐⭐
- Abducted by the Pumpkin King by Cassie Idol – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧Closing Time by C.G. Burnette – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧Mala by Melinda Lopez – ⭐⭐⭐
Throwbacks, classic bops, and the reigning Queens and King in my life completely dominated my October. Honestly, I’m just waiting for Red-Taylor’s Version to release for my life to truly begin. If you need me in November, you can find me blasting the ten minute version of All Too Well in my room. As per usual though– here is a snap shot of my stats for September:
🟡 = New to List , 🟢 = Risen in the Ranks, 🔴 = Dropped in the Ranks
- 🟢Taylor Swift
- 🟡Ashley Tisdale
- 🟢Ed Sheeran
- 🟢Doja Cat
- 🟡Till There’s Nothing Left by Cam
- 🟢Need to Know by Doja Cat
- 🔴Happier Than Ever – Edit by Billie Eilish
- 🔴Oxytocin by Billie Eilish
- 🟡My Mother Told Me by Nati Dreddd
- White Chicks
- Jungle Cruise – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
- Blood Red Sky (Netflix) – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Great British Baking Show (Netflix)
- Dr. K’s Exotic Animal ER (Disney+)
- The Vicar of Dibly (Amazon Prime)
- Friends (HBOmax)
- The Big Bang Theory (HBOmax)
- Squid Game, ep. 1 (Netflix)
- Only Murders In The Building, ep. 1-3 (Hulu)
How was your October? Let me know!