October didn’t go as planned…
I had alot planned to go down in October, from new content on my patreon, running and hosting Bookending Autumn, starting up new content here on the blog, as well as prepping for NANOWRIMO come this November. I was going to do so much this month–it was my “Get Shit Done” month…until it wasn’t.
A lot of things happened this last month, that probably accumulated to what I’m going through now. From unplanned meetings, taking on too many things career wise, busy weekends every weekend, and work events that took on a toll that I couldn’t foresee. I became super drained–I stretched myself incredibly thin.
Which isn’t bad, I have been known to always do this when I’m passionate about different things, and I’ve always known how to cut back, plan accordingly, and adjust to better fit my self care needs. This time however, my body didn’t give me the chance to follow through with my plan of adjustment–It made the adjustment itself…in the form of one of the worst migraine spells I’ve ever had. From the second to last week of October to present, I have been suffering from major migraines that just have not let up. Because of the pain, I’ve had to cancel almost everything that I possibly can and took days off from work, because I physically could not do anything, and just rest. Its been horrible, hard, and eye opening all at the same time.
I’m still in pain, but I’m learning to manage and curb my average electronic/computer time in order to ease some of the stimulation. With all of this though, I am glad it happened. It gave me a chance to really think out some of the content I wanted to make, and gave me ideas on how to redevelop it to be the best for you guys. I’ve been able to day dream about my WIP for NANOWRIMO, and because of the involuntary week of being unplugged, I got a chance to really curate an outline that I’m super excited to dive into come today!
All in all, October was chaotically chill, and I shockingly got a lot read this month! From books to film to discovering new music–my migraines and busy schedule didn’t stop the magic of storytelling from reaching my eyes and ears, so without further ado–here is everything I consumed this past month!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
🎧 denotes Audiobook.
- 🎧Sweeter by Eva Dangerfield – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Falling For My Brother’s Best Friend by Piper Rayne – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Wanting My Stepsister by Alexa Riley – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- His Princess by Alexa Riley – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Mr and Mrs by Alexa Riley – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Save The Cat! Writes A Novel by Jessica Brody – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Textin’ Up My Heart by Teagan Hunter – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †I Knead You Tonight by Teagan Hunter – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧The Major’s Welcome Home by Tessa Bailey – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Contract by Melanie Moreland – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Baby Clause 2.0 by Melanie Moreland – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- †Shadow Frost by Coco Ma – DNF REVIEW
- Swoon Reads dishes us Part 1 of the AMA that answers all the questions you may have on Publishing
- Swoon Reads delivers the next installment of the above AMA on your publishing Qs!
October was a time of Hip hop flare, compulsive beats, and classic ballads that will probably stand the test of time. Like always though, here is a snapshot of what was on repeat this month!
- The Search Album – NF
- Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez
- Dance Monkey – Tones and I
- Long Live the Champion – KB
- River of Jordan – Lecrae, Breyan Isaac
- Even Louder – Steven Malcolm
- Light On – Maggie Rogers
- Easy – Son Lux, Lorde
- Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Christmas Wishes & Mistle Toe Kisses (Hallmark)
- Autumn Dreams (Hallmark)
- Love, Romance, and Chocolate (Hallmark)
- Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe (Hallmark)
- A Shoe Addict’s Christmas (Hallmark)
- Christmas in Evergreen: Letters to Santa (Hallmark)
- Reunited at Christmas (Hallmark)
- Christmas at Pemberly Manor (Hallmark)
- A Cookie Cutter Christmas (Hallmark)
- A Very Merry Mix-Up (Hallmark)
- Coming Home for Christmas (Hallmark)
- Once Upon A Holiday (Hallmark)
- With Love, Christmas (Hallmark)
- Christmas Cookies (Hallmark)
- The Christmas Cottage (Hallmark)
- Christmas Next Door (Hallmark)
- A Wish for Christmas (Hallmark)
- Christmas at Holly Lodge (Hallmark)
- Christmas Joy (Hallmark)
- The Mistletoe Promise (Hallmark)
- Mingle All The Way (Hallmark)
- …And a crap ton more Hallmark movies that I really can’t remember because its the only channel my mom will have on when she is home from work.
- The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), Season 7: Ep. 6-9
- The Great British Baking Show: Holiday (Netflix), Season 1
- Interior Design Masters (Netflix), Season 1
- Blown Away (Netflix), Season 1: Ep. 1
- Project Runway (Hulu), Season 15: Ep. 1-4
- NCIS (CBS)
- Chicago Med (NBC)
- Chicago Fire (NBC)
- Flashpoint (Hulu)
- S.W.A.T. (CBS)
- NCIS: New Orleans (CBS)
- Blue Bloods (CBS, Ion)
How was your October? Let me know!