September Wrap Up
Happy October Storytellers!
This is coming at you later than usual, because today has been completely BANANAS! I took the day off from work yesterday and I came back to what almost resembled the scene from community when Daniel Glover’s character walks in and the room is burning:
Pretty much that was me this morning. BUT I’m at lunch and writing this intro like the wind because I always save these for last! September was a chaotic and stressful thirty days, but it was filled with some exciting moments like going self hosted and getting this shiny new layout and graphics! I am honestly still swooning at it all.
One of the cool things about September was the chance to get to prep for Bookending Autumn (WHICH STARTS TODAY!) with our amazing hosts! Formerly known as blogoween, Bookending Autumn is a month long event where each day is a new prompt that participants can replicate! Our goal is to bring the bookish community closer together and meet new friends through our favorite medium–blogging! If you are interested and want to know more check out my announcement post here: Bookending Autumn: Announcement. There you will find all the glorious details as well as the link to sign up!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
🎧 denotes Audiobook.
- 🎧She’s The One by Ella Goode – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Definitely Kinky by Annabelle Joseph – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Dear Ava by Ilsa Madden-Mills – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧†The Stars and The Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧†The Girl The Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧I’m Yours, Baby – Fiona Davenport – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧The Football Pants Chronicles by Tessa Bailey – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐
- Jock Road by Sara Ney – DNF REVIEW
- Jeimy @ A Novel Idea hits us with 5 epic ways to combat writer’s block–just in time for preptober!
- Kayla @ Books and Blends serves us the tea with her review of Pestilence by Laura Thalassa
- Dev @ Read By Dev blesses souls with her Trash Tuesday meme post of New Obsessions
This month was a hopscotch of cafe vibes, pop legends, and musical numbers that I could not for the life of me get out of my head (looking at you Rocky Horror Picture Show). Like always though, here is a snapshot of what was on repeat this month!
- Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince – Taylor Swift
- Gold – Andreya Triana
- Courage – Celine Dion
- Happiness Begins Album – Jonas Brothers
- OK fine, the entire Jonas Brothers discography–we prep hard for their concerts
- Paper Rings – Taylor Swift
- Dance Monkey – Tones and I
- Falling INN Love (Netflix) – 🍿🍿🍿🍿.5
- Love on the Sidelines (Hallmark) – RE-WATCH
- Who am I kidding, literally a shit ton of hallmark movies…
- Bachelor in Paradise (ABC)
- Sabrina, The Teenage Witch (Hulu), Season 1: Ep. 1-2
- The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), Season 7: Ep. 1-5
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (Hulu), Season 2: Ep. 5-7
- Master Chef (Fox)
- New Amsterdam (NBC)
- NCIS (CBS)
- Chicago Med (NBC)
- Chicago Fire (NBC)
- Bring The Funny (Hulu), Season 1
How was your September? Let me know!