How is July even over already? How is August here?! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!
I am shocked at just how fast the year is moving and half of me wants it to slow down, but the other half wants me to just keep plowing through because 2019 has been a time. Like the year, July has been a whirlwind of emotions, except instead of said emotions spaced out within 365 days–it was crammed into 31.
My mental health took a huge hit this month and in the worst ways possible that had me heavily considering not continuing this blog anymore, just because the drowning sensation I was/am struggling with was just too overwhelming (don’t worry, I’m not leaving!). But even through the lows of the month, July did give me some amazing highs–Bookending Summer took place this month, and it has been a blast getting to chat and meet new people in the blogging world, as well as getting to see our amazing hosts shine and give their all with their amazing prompts (seriously HUGE round of applause for this season’s hosts!). I am still waddling through everyone’s prompts from the event so you can probably catch me still in August commenting on everyone’s prompts! Not only did I have BESummer19, but July also gave me and my family great news that has been several years in the making–WE ARE MOVING!.
GOODBYE CONTAINERS AND STACKS AND HELLO BOOKSHELVES!
I did a huge YOLO near the tail end of July and applied for an apartment, just to see what would happen, and over the last weekend me and my mom got word that we were for some unknown reason to us approved and we move in the next couple of weeks! So big props to that!
So as you can see, July was like that pixar movie, Inside Out–all the emotions were out to play. A time truly, but even with my wacky emotions, I got some MAJOR reading done this month! Like “hello all the books!” kind of reading done. This month I have read a whopping 21 books with only two of those being DNFs! And not only did I read a crap ton, I also got a lot of good TV time and movies in as well!
July has been a great storytelling month for me, and I honestly hope that August will be a repeat of July, because…wow…10/10. Keep on reading to see all the goodness I consumed this month!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
🎧 denotes Audiobook.
- 🎧Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 (BR w/ #stalkalong)
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧When She’s Ready by Ruby Dixon – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Giant Days Vol. 2 by John Allison – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Giant Days Vol. 3 by John Allison – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Balls Out by Avery Flynn – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Addicted After All by Krista and Becca Ritchie – RE-READ – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Some Kind of Perfect by Krista and Becca Ritchie – RE-READ – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †The Mage-Born Anthology by Kayleigh Nicol – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Operation Bailey Wedding by Piper Rayne – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †The Rogue King by Abigail Owens – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧Smolder by Aly Martinez – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †That Second Chance by Meghan Quinn – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick – RE-READ – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐ (BR w/ Jamsu)
- Lumberjanes vol, 1: Beware of Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- †Let Go by Allie Winters – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧Tempt The Ex by Natasha Madsison – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐
- †This Is Not A Love Scene by S.C. Megale – REVIEW – ⭐️
- †Bet Me To Stay by Candace Havens – DNF REVIEW
- †Again, But Better by Christine Riccio – DNF
I haven’t been blog hopping much this month, because I was high key on a roll with my reading game, and I’ve been busy trying to apartment/house hunt with my mom. But from what I have hopped to–here are some of the faves!
- Kal @ Reader Voracious serves us not one–but two AMAZING posts: An epic and poetic review for the book This Is How You Love The Time War; and she gives us a look an alternative–and the best decision I’ve ever made– for bloghopping…Feedly.
- Cassie @ Let’s Get Galatic hits us with some epic tips for starting your own bookstagram account
July has basically been the month of Ed Sheeran with a quick seasoning of Sam Smith…and I’m not even mad. As usual, here is a playlist of all the songs that have been on repeat for me this month!
- Blow – Ed Sheeran ft. Chris Stapleton and Bruno Mars
- Anima Album – Thom Yorke
- How Do You Sleep – Sam Smith
- No. 6 Collaborations Album – Ed Sheeran
- Rescue Me – Marshmello, A Day To Remember
- Call You Mine – The Chainsmokers ft. Bebe Rexha
- On A Roll – Ashley O (Miley Cyrus)
- Goodbye – Post Malone ft. Young Thug
- Family Tree – Caylee Hammack
- Raise a Hallelujah (Live) – Bethel Music
- Anima (Netflix) – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid – RE-WATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- The Lion King (2019) – 🍿🍿🍿🍿.5
- Rush Hour – RE-WATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Rush Hour 3 – RE-WATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Independence Day – RE-WATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- The Edge of Seventeen (Netflix) – 🍿🍿🍿
- Roman Holiday (Starz) – 🍿🍿🍿.5
- Sound of Music – RE-WATCH – 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
- Songland (NBC)
- The Bachelorette (ABC)
- Good Omens (Amazon Prime) – Season 1
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (Hulu) Season 2: Ep. 3-
- Home Fires (Amazon Prime) Season 1-2
- Love Island UK (Hulu)
- Love Island USA (CBS)
- Stranger Things (Netflix) Seasons 1-3
- Fleabag (Amazon Prime) Season 1
- Queer Eye (Netflix) Season 4: Ep. 1-3
How was your July? Let me know!