I KICKED READINGS SLUMPS ASS.
This last month I said screw you to my reading slump and read all the things, and I actually enjoyed almost if not all of them?! WHO EVEN AM I?! I know, A bad-ass reader who doesn’t take no shit unless its from unicorns!
May was a truly an eye opener month, I realized a lot of things both personally and here on the blog that really pushed me to make a change (my post: Gaining Perspective.), and those changes have really helped and benefited me a lot. I’m not stressing as much as before, and I am actually enjoying reading again–which by itself is a miracle.
A time has been had.
But other than that, May has been chalk full of some great storytelling; so grab some popcorn, get a snuggly blanket, maybe even some lemonade for summer purposes, and check out all the things I consumed for the last 31 days!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
- †Birth Of A Baby Daddy by Piper Rayne – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- †Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †That Kind of Guy by Talia Hibbert – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Shopping for the Billionaire by Julia Kent – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †The Witch’s Touch by Rosie Wylor-Owens – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Faking Ms. Right by Claire Kingsley – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (BR w/ Jamsu)
- Giant Days Vol. 1 by John Allison – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †The Lying Hours by Sara Ney – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- †Once Upon A Bad Boy by Melonie Johnson – RTC – ⭐️⭐️⭐️
New section, who dis?
I am a super advocate of promoting each other and supporting others in the book community, as I always say–we are small, but we are hella mighty! So I honestly gasped when I realized (yeah it took me this long) that I didn’t have a dedicated section to the blog posts that I loved this month from all of you! So this is me rectifying that!
- Haley over at The Caffeinated Reader has a discussion on Supporting Authors and Supporting “Us”
- Kal at Reader Voracious has a discussion on AI Technology and Sophia the Robot. She also served us a great ARC request Email Template that had me shaking in my boots in gratefulness.
- Isabelle over on Bookwyrm Bites dishes out her rec’s for Quiet YA and NA books
- Amy at The Little Booknerds In The Corner discusses why she stopped watching Booktube
The month of May with music can literally be defined by two things: Eurovision and Country. I think I can honestly say that I am totally okay with this predicament 😂. As always here is a playlist of songs that I’ve had on repeat this month!
- Drugs & The Internet – LAUV
- Wow – Zara Larsson
- If I Can’t Have You – Shawn Mendes
- Every Time I Hear That Song – Brandi Carlile
- Arcade – Duncan Laurence
- Soldi – Mahmood
- Sebi – Zala Kralj & Gasper Santl
- God’s Country – Blake Shelton
- Nightmare – Halsey
- Spirit In The Sky – Keiino
- There Was This Girl – Riley Green
- Love Ain’t – Eli Young Band
- Beer Never Broke My Heart – Luke Combs
- Alcohol You Later – Mitchell Tenpenny
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 – REVIEW – 🍿🍿🍿🍿.5
- The Imitation Game (Netflix)
- Twilight Saga: New Moon – REWATCH
- Twilight Saga: Eclipse – REWATCH
- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 – REWATCH
- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 – REWATCH
- Boss Baby – REWATCH
- The Secret Life Of Pets – REWATCH
- Chicago: Fire (NBC) – Season 7: Ep. 20
- New Amsterdam (NBC) – Season 1: Ep. 21
- The Voice (NBC)
- Songland (NBC)
- The Bachelorette (ABC)
- Chicago: Med (NBC) – Season 4: Ep. 20
- Game of Thrones (HBO) – Seasons 8: Ep. 4-6
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (Hulu) – Season 2: Ep. 1
- Living Single (Hulu) – Seasons 2-3
- Hanna (Amazon Prime) – Season 1
How was your May? Let me know!