BOOKENDING SPRING 2019: Your House Is Burning Down, Quick! Save 5 Books!
Bookending Spring is thriving! Today I am still in deep with the slumps so I thought it would be fun to go back in time to an early prompt from the amazing Michelle @ Michelle Likes Things! If you haven’t already, be sure to click on her name and check out her original post for this prompt as well as her other amazing content!
Without further ado! Let’s waddle into today’s prompt!
Your house is burning down, quick! Save 5 books! But which?
Basically a list of 5 books that mean a lot to me and which I would definitely save. (also yay for me torturing myself by picking just 5 books)
According to the original prompt I must choose only five books and cannot run out of the burning house with five AND my kindle, so before I chose my death, let me go grab some tissues and a oxygen mask cause we may be in this house for a while.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas: you all know how much this book means to me because I gush about it in almost every post I make. This book changed and altered me in the best ways possible. I found myself in written form through Feyre even though she looks nothing like me. This book helped is a gem I literally cannot part with.
- Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata: I’m butt hurt that I can’t take her entire collection with me through this fire, but out of all her work this is probably my favorite (Next to Luna and the Lie). Zapata is the queen of slow burns and this book literally has everything my romance trash heart craves.
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer: Y’all really thought I would waltz out of a burning house without Edward? LMAO.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: It’s literally a masterpiece and one of my favorite books that deal with really relevant and hard issues–I cannot let this burn simply because of principle.
- This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada: LOL to those who though fire would stop Cat and the gang from staying in my clenched hands. One of my top sci-fi reads of all time. I can’t and will not part from this bad boy.
What books would you save? Let me know!