ANNOUNCING: Bookend Events
Happy Sunday folks and boy do I have an amazing exciting announcement for you story tellers! As many of you know Clo and I created and co-organized Blogoween this year and it was amazing in every shape and form. As a our first time doing anything like that, Clo and I were shocked and so very happy at how everything turned out!
But now, December is fast approaching and me and Clo have been putting our thinking caps on, plotting, and planning to make something great, and we are so incredibly proud and excited to share our new baby: BOOKEND EVENTS with you all!
Created by Clo @ Book Dragons and Sam @ Fictionally Sam (that’s me if you didn’t know). We both realized while doing Blogoween that we wanted to plan events like Blogoween for the long term as we both love the book blogging community so very much. So with much talking and planning, we have created something we hope will be out best way to give back to all of you book bloggers, and we hope that through this we can create events you will absolutely be excited to take part in!
– WHAT IS IT? –
Bookend Events is a quarterly event that aspires to bring the book blogging community closer together! Home to not only Blogoween, but also #Tidyathon and other amazing events throughout the year. Bookend events is also active participants in several various readathons throughout the year as well!
– HOW CAN I JOIN? –
You can join by filling out the form, for the upcoming event. The link to the form will be in the relevant event announcement post.
– WHAT COUNTS AS TAKING PART? –
Any of these things will count across ALL events. But for specifics, we suggest you check the announcement for the upcoming event to see a list of all possible ways to join in on the fun.
- Posting 3-5 times, using your own ideas or using Host prompts (minimum on your blog)
- Taking part in the Tidyathon!
– CONTENT GUIDELINES –
- Book reviews don’t count as part of the event – but you’re more than welcome to still post them throughout the month. Just remember they won’t count as part of your 3-5 posts
- Not restricted to a theme/topic – you can post about whatever you want, however, we do encourage discussion posts and/or creative post types as to branch out and have fun!
- Autumn and Winter have more of a Halloween and Christmas theme added in, but you don’t need to include that if you don’t want to
- General Topic Ideas: Discussion Posts, Tags/Awards, Memes, Writing Themed Posts, Blogging Themed Posts etc.
- You MUST include the Bookend Events logo somewhere on/within your post, this is so we know which posts are part of the event/got inspired through the event. It also helps us with blog hopping.
– SOCIAL MEDIA –
We have an official twitter for the event, where you can keep up to date with our plotting, as well as us just chatting to you guys. What you’re up to, and what’s been going on with us. Remember, this may be a quarterly event but it’s focused on community, productivity and creating our own support network of cheering people on.
- Follow us there @bookend_events
- Feel free to share your posts for the event on there, with the relevant # (check announcement post for that)
- If you want to be doubly sure, we won’t miss your post, @ the twitter account in your tweet
Months In Between?
- You can expect us to be active both on our PERSONAL twitters as well as on @bookend_events! We will do our best to keep the events twitter account active all year round in some shape or form, however, please bear with us as we try and find out niche and balance with it!
So, whether you’re new to this book blogging thing, have been doing it for a while…maybe you’re a seasoned book blogger and you feel the passion dying? Whatever your situation, this is for everyone whose blog falls into the book niche somehow. Blogging isn’t easy, no matter where your niche lies; and even harder still as you try to keep on top of things. So our events are planned with book bloggers in mind–to help you be the best possible and make some friends on the way too.
What does this mean?
It means we include things that basically help check things off your to-do list. All of these things can be done within these quarterly events.
- Writing and posting blog posts – great for staying active on the blog
- The tidyathon is a great way to help stay organised, with the blog and on Goodreads
- Readathons which fall within the event month count too – yes reading can count too!
These three things that us book bloggers struggle with, are the main things to all of our events. Sounds pretty awesome to us, obviously we’re not biased having created and organised these events hehe.
IMPORTANT (this section will be updated with new and relevant information/links, so make sure you bookmark this post to find all relevant links in one place)
Upcoming Event: Bookending Winter 2018
Running Time: 1st December 2018 – 31st December 2018
Participants Sign Up Form