BOOKENDING SUMMER 2019: Tidyathon Goals – CHECK IN
Just keep cleaning, just keep cleaning, just keep cleaning!
This has literally been my Manta (Dory style) for these past two weeks. Tidyathon is in full swing and I have been taking every chance I get to knocking out my To-do list and getting things taken care of over on the blog and my social media pages! Not only is Tidyathon thriving, but Bookending Summer has been a time and a half as well! I am still waddling through all over your amazing posts and getting to know all of you! (If you are participating, drop a comment below and say hi!)
If you are participating (YAY!) please don’t forget to check out our blog hopping master list! This is your one stop shop for all the bookending summer participants, you’ll be able to check out everyone who is participating’s blog and our new feature where you can link your #BESummer19 posts next to your name for easy blog hopping!
As BE Summer kicks off and goes into full swing, so does it’s sister event Tidyathon! If you don’t know what Tidyathon is, its a event that runs within BE Summer mainly over on Bookend Event’s twitter page where the main goal is tidying. Whether you are cleaning up your blog, your goodreads shelves, doing some updating on your brand, redoing your bookshelves for the ultimate perusal and aesthetic capabilities, or cleaning up your office for efficiency, Tidyathon is for all those things and more.
This event, I am going to try and be more active and productive on the Tidyathon side of things alongside Clo, and at the beginning of this month, I had made a goals post that encompassed everything I wanted to get done for #Tidyathon! We are now a little over the half way mark of the month so grab some popcorn, get your dust bins, and lets see how clean I got!
Clean up CSS
- So with this, my theme broke and no amount of CSS would fix it. So I did what the WP support suggested and switched themes (ain’t all shiny and new?) so CSS clean up happened involuntarily. A time.
- Update Review Master List
- Clean up and remodel Tags
- Review / remodel Review Template
- My version of cleaning involved adding more shelves to better organize them. So currently we have rating shelves and trope shelves to go along with my audibook, diverse reads, Rec by bloggers, and ARC shelves. A time.
Take books I (probably) wont be or have no interested in reading off my TBR shelf
- I got it down from 279 to 203! There are some that I’m still on the fence about removing or not, so for now they stay.
Update Bio and links
- I also changed my profile picture so now it looks happy and fresh!
Decide on Theme for Instagram
Implement said theme
- loosely mimic theme/trend to twitter profile (banner and header)
- Make game plan for social media usage (learn how to use it effectively)
I am adding this into Tidyathon as a way to keep me accountable to get this done!
- Re-organize file drawers
- Clean out under desk
- FINISH THOSE STUPID BINDERS SAMANTHA, LIKE HOT DAMN.
Clean out Download and Documents folder on computer and put files in their respective places
Clean out sticky note / Pen drawer (Sam– for the love of God, throw away pens that don’t work!)
And there you have it folks! That is what I have gotten to so far for BE Summer 19’s Tidyathon. If you are participating, what all have you done so far for Tidyathon? If you aren’t, tell me something on your to-do today!
Let me know!