December Wrap Up
Goodbye December, Hello 2020!
December has been a time, and honestly I am glad to see it go? From getting laid off, crazy christmas shopping, to commuting almost daily 2 hours to and from a theatre production–December has been draining. But even through all the hecticness that the season brought, I’m honestly content with it. Am I tired? Oh my goodness, yes! But was it worth it? I think it was, yes!
I have learned a lot about myself and just how powerful I can be when I set my mind to something. I’ve learned what it means to truly let something go and move on; and I’ve learned the power just 24 hours can hold. But through all of this learning and lack of sleep getting, I consumed SO MANY stories! Some good, some not so good, and some WTF stories that helped me reach and accomplish my Goodreads goal of 120 books for 2019!
I have a 2019 look back post in the making, that goes more into depth on my story consumption. But for now, I am all about being consistent–and here on Fictionally Sam the first post of every month is reserved for wrap-ups! So without further ado, grab your favorite stash of popcorn, a comfy blanket (or tank top if it’s summer where you are–Stay safe Australia!) and let’s see what I consumed during the last days of 2019!
† denotes an ARC/book received in exchange for my honest review.
🎧 denotes Audiobook.
🤶🏽 denotes read for Mrs. Claus’ Readathon.
- 🎧Doctor Dave by Abby Knox – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Lawless by T.M. Frazier – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🎧Wynter’s Captive by Milly Taiden – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🎧Adrian by Ella Fox and Rochelle Paige – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🤶🏽Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- †Whiteout by Adriana Anders – RTC – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Buddy Read w/ Ruby)
- 🤶🏽The Boss Who Stole Christmas by Jana Aston – REVIEW – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 🤶🏽From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Wait For It by Mariana Zapata – RE-READ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- 🤶🏽Red Hot Christmas Virgin by Penelope Wylde – REVIEW – ⭐⭐.5
- 🤶🏽Christmas in Blackwood by Celia Aaron – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Mommy’s Ex by S.E. Law – REVIEW – ⭐
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – DNF
December was much like November in the sense that it was 100% Country until Harry Styles released his latest album, and then I descended into nostalgia. Like always though, here are some of the songs that I had on repeat this month!
- The Entire Fine Lines Album by Harry Styles
- One Night Standards by Ashley Mcbryde
- Hell Right – Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins
- Tip of My Tongue – Kenny Chesny
- Details – Dierks Bentley
- One Man Band – Old Dominion
- What She Wants Tonight – Luke Bryan
- Brand New Man – Midland
- A Christmas Prince – 🍿🍿🍿
- A Christmas Prince: A Royal Wedding – 🍿🍿
- A Christmas Prince: A Royal Baby – 🍿🍿
- Santa Claus – RE-WATCH
- The Santa Clause – RE-WATCH
- Santa Claus 3 – RE-WATCH
- Home Alone – RE-WATCH
- Home Alone 2 – RE-WATCH
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas – RE-WATCH
- 6 Underground – 🍿🍿
- Dr. K’s Exotic Animal ER (Disney+), Season 2-4
- Blue Bloods (CBS, Ion)
- Fleabag (Amazon Prime), Season 2; Ep. 1-5
- The Witcher (Netflix), Season 1; Ep. 1
- Project Runway (Bravo), Season 18; Ep. 1-3
- Virgin River (Netflix), Season 1; Ep. 1
How was your December? Let me know!
From my Blog to yours–Happy New Year!
Love my content?
You can get EVEN MORE content + support my blog by joining my Patreon! If you want to take the magic of storytelling to the next level and connect with me personally, come see what I’ve created for you on Patreon.