May Book Haul || The Month Where Kindle Deals Were My Downfall
I swore to myself that May’s haul was gonna be a real small one. At the end of April I said to myself: “sam–you got a crap ton of ARCs to read. Don’t get any books“. At the time my inner self was all kinds of game for the plan of action; and we were cruising down the nopeville of book buying land. But then I kicked the reading slump’s ass…
And that is when it happened.
I swear it was like the universe conspired against me and made all of my favorites that I’ve read before but didn’t own go on sale! AND THEN, almost every single book that I had on my “want to get but probably shouldn’t cause wow bills” shelf WENT ON DUCKING SALE TOO. You know the worst part about Kindle sales? You never truly realize how much you spend and how much they add up, because you can’t add the e-books to a cart–you can only one-click them.
So in the end, you are seeing these deals for $2.99 USD and lower and your like “oh shit that’s a snag! I gotta get this!” with the intention of only spending 10 maybe 15 bucks on these sales; but by the time you come out of the book sale coma–consciousness returns to you as your kindle rejoices in it’s new friends. But by that time, you see the damage you did to your credit card that you just paid off and…
Yup…That is where I am at now.
So grab some popcorn and take a look at what I did in my kindle deal haze.
As always, before I get into the bounty of which my kindle and shelves cry out to in joy, let me preface this with I am a super frugal and hella cheap person. Most–if not all– of my purchases were deals from bookbub.com, amazon, audible, etc. which amounted to many of them being free, as well as through my carefully thought out monthly book budget as I have placed reading and supporting authors and the arts a priority when planning my personal finances. With that being said, take a look at my walk of shamelessness.
📚 Denotes already read. * Denotes signed/autographed copy
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- *Again, But Better by Christine Riccio
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White
📚 Denotes already read.
- Bully by Penelope Douglas
- Spinning Out by Lexi Ryan
- Secret Tryst by Victoria Pinder
- Before the Broken Star by Emily R. Kling
- 📚Flirting with Fire by Piper Rayne
- Damaged Goods by L. Wilder
- Rush by Brooke Page
- 📚The Lying Hours by Sara Ney
- Marry Me by Alexandra Bishop
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Dirty Shame by Tess Oliver
- Straight Up Irish by Magan Vernon
- Bedding the Bachelors 1-3 by Virna DePaul
- 📚The Learning Hours by Sara Ney
- 📚The Failing Hours by Sara Ney
- 📚The Coaching Hours by Sara Ney
- The Billionaire Boss Next Door by Max Monroe
- Junk Mail by Kendall Ryan
- The Swedish Prince by Karina Halle
- Royal Bastards by Nana Malone
- Slow Burn by J.H. Croix
- Lost In Us by Layla Hagen
- 📚Engaged To The EMT by Piper Rayne
- The Bedroom Games Collection by Piper Rayne
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Him by Carey Heywood
- The Initiation by Nikki Sloane
- Protecting Freedom by Alexa Riley
- Big Rock by Lauren Blakely
- Attraction: Elements of Chemistry by Penny Reid
- The Blindfold Club Collection by Nikki Sloane
- Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose
- Shelter for Elizabeth by Susan Stoker
- We Own Tonight by Corinne Michaels
- Ryker by Geri Glenn
- Dirty Sexy Player by Laurelin Paige
📚 Denotes already read. 🚫 Denotes DNF.
- 📚How To Date A Douchebag: The Lying Hours by Sara Ney (Author), Published May 9th 2019
- Rock Bottom Girl by Lucy Score (Publisher), Published on March 7th, 2019
- What Makes Us by Rafi Mittlefehldt (Netgalley), Publishes on October 15th 2019
- The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy (Netgalley), Publishes on October 1st 2019
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Netgalley), Publishes July 23rd 2019
- The Phantom Forest by Liz Kerin (Netgalley), Publishes July 16th 2019
- The Rogue King by Abigail Owen (Publisher), Publishes July 30th 2019
- 📚Faking Ms. Right by Claire Kingsley (Enticing Book Promotions), Publishes May 28th 2019
📚 Denotes already read/listened too.
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- The Mystery of Alice by Lee Bacon
- More Bedtime Stories for Cynics by Kirsten Kearse
Are any of these on your TBRs, or have you already read them? If so, what did you think?